Sep 14th 2012 – Day 73… Living with a Different Dietary Regime!
Yesterday I was talking about the need to actually take positive actions to support the concept of a positive mind, giving me the chance to believe internally that I was definitely going to survive.
During the explanation of what I am doing to achieve that – I talked about major changes to my diet.
To many this might seem quite harsh having to give up most fruits, breads, dairy, meat, fungi, yeast products, processed food, caffeine, sugar (especially sugar based drinks) and alcohol and instead focusing on some of those rather obscure things such as green drinks, quinoa, spelt, tofu and of course loads of most vegetables.
But actually the issue is all about getting the alkali level in the body down to 7.365. Our bodies will do almost anything, and at any cost, to achieve that level of alkalinity. Because of the more acidic generating diet most of us in the western world eat, our bodies spend more and more time fighting to get the body’s pH levels correct.
This all takes up time and resources; it affects the way the immune system works, and ultimately our enemy, CANCER, wakes up and sneaks in the back door and makes itself at home. The additional acidity in our system is loved by our visitors and they have a really vitalising diet available to them based upon the high level of sugar in our system.
Interestingly, the western diet also reduces the amount of oxygen that is in our blood and if we add ‘lack of exercise’ to the mix that makes the oxygen levels even worse. Cancer does not like an oxygenated system but prefer a stagnant environment where it can multiply and grow.
Most people do not understand that cancer cells exist in everyone. We are born with them but for most of us, our bodies remain fairly healthy until later in life. We then tend to over eat, consume more caffeine and alcohol and do less exercise. This is an environment that cancer loves and who can blame it.
After all, we seem to like it as well!
The pH system of measuring the acidity in our system is based upon a scale of 0 through 14 (this scale can vary slightly) where 7 is neutral, less than 7 is acidic and greater than 7 is alkali. But this is a logarithmic measure. So where 7 = neutral, 6 = 10 times more acidity, 5 = 100 more acidic and 4 is 1,000 more acidic. On the other end of the scale 8 = 10 times more alkali, 9 = 100 times more alkali and 10 = 1,000 times more alkali and so on.
So we need a huge amount of alkali producing food to counteract excessive acidic producing food. The human body actually extracts minerals from our bones to assist it in reducing the acidity and getting the body to as near 7.365 as it can. This can result in osteoporosis and other such conditions.
So now you have an idea of some of the basic science behind what I am trying to achieve you might however be sticking your nose up at the idea of eating what is almost a vegetarian diet.
The truth is that we need to do what we can to help our body keep the balance right without it being diverted from protecting us from cancer and other illnesses and conditions. We have to compromise and move back towards an eating regime that matches what our bodies were designed to have namely vegetables, some fruits, grasses, nuts and seeds.
But it does not need to be extreme. In my case I have a number of seriously growing cancer clusters so I need to be a little extreme, but once they have stopped growing and started to die I can relax a little and not be so strict.
Having said that, if I just keep to 80% of my diet conforming to the requirements I can still use the other 20% eating some of the things that produce acid. A small amount of chicken or turkey, the odd egg or two and a treat of some cheese once in a while. I still have a bowl of strawberries once a week, but forgo the cream! Actually my taste buds seem to have improved and I enjoying my food more.
I’ve discovered lots of vegetable soup recipes that I can make that are both delicious and alkali producing and I still have a slice of spelt and rye bread with it – towards my 20% ration.
Once my cancer has been confirmed as going, or better still GONE – I will remain on a reduced version of this diet for ever, but that will not stop me from having a day off, and going out to a restaurant, or having a cooked breakfast or participating in a few glasses of wine.
Finally, one huge bonus for me is the fact that I was told that I would lose weight until I got to my natural weight for my height. And that is exactly what is happening!
Well Friday is with us, so you now have the weekend to look forward to. Enjoy, and watch what you are eating … you never know … you might be creating a five star hotel for your cancer cell friends!
I Was The Traffic Genie until this happened!
All comments are welcome below. Feel free to share this blog with other, as I want to help people to understand that there are always alternatives – www.jtuffin.co.uk – Thanks!